Project Management Definition:
Project Management Scope
A project is a temporary endeavor, having endeavor, a defined beginning and end (usually constrained by date), but can be by funding or deliverables, undertaken to meet particular goals and objectives, usually to objectives, bring about beneficial change or added value.
Source: 1. Chatfield, Carl. “A short course in project management”~Microsoft. 2. The Definitive Guide to Project Management. Nokes, Sebastian.
History of Project Management
- First applied in construction
- Later applied in large government projects (I.e. Defense)
- Telecommunication & software deployment: 15-25% of all projects failed to complete. Dissatisfaction with quality, cost, & timeline of those completed
- Just In: Resource Utilization & Editable Gantt charts (blogs.zoho.com)
- Entrepreneurial Project Management (mikeclayton.wordpress.com)
- Selecting The Right Project Management Methodology (pleontios.wordpress.com)
- Do Project Managers need technical background? (prince2pm.wordpress.com)
- Project Scope Management (rarepad.wordpress.com)